Almond-Stuffed Pork Chops
These flavor-infused pork chops are feature almonds, celery and onions in every bite.
- 4 Tender Choice® boneless pork chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond flavor
- 2 slices firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon browning and seasoning sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
For stuffing, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery and onion in hot butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in the 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten bread cubes. Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop. Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place stuffed chops on roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. (check temperature in thickest part of meat), 35-45 minutes. Combine browning and seasoning sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl, if desired; brush over chops. Bake for 2 minutes more. Remove toothpicks from chops.