Ham Eye (pork eye of round)
The flavors of citrus, feta cheese and classic pork flavor make this a meal to remember.
Serves 4 to 6
- For the pork:
- 1 pkg of Tender Choice® Ham Eyes
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp red grapefruit juice
- For citrus salad:
- 2 oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- 2 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and seperated into segments
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- Dusting crushed celery seed
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 6 pieces red ribbon sorrel, washed and patted dry
- 6 pieces curly endive, trimmed, washed and patted dry
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper, orange juice and red grapefruit juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside a small amount of the marinade for basting and use the rest to quickly marinate the ham eyes for 15 minutes while keeping chilled. Place the marinated ham eyes on a roasting pan and into the preheated oven. Periodically brush the ham eyes with the marinade that was set aside. Cook the ham eyes until the internal temperature reaches 145° F on a meat thermometer. Allow ham eyes to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving. Slice into ½ inch slices to serve.
To create citrus salad, use equal parts orange and grapefruit segments, cracked pepper, a dusting of celery seed and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve with sorrel and endive leafy greens.