Pork Tortas (Sandwiches)
Southwest-inspired pork loin is served on bolillo rolls with avocado.
- 1 lb. Tender Choice® boneless pork loin roast
- 2 cups refried black or pinto beans
- ½ cup thinly sliced pickled jalapeños
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 bolillos, sliced in half
- Avocado slices (optional)
Heat oven to 350° F. Roast pork until the internal temperature reaches 150° F on an instant-read thermometer (about 30 minutes). Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and carve into very thin slices. Use your fingers to hollow out the bottom half of the bread. Spread ⅓ cup of beans in the hollow of each half. Arrange 3-4 pork slices over the beans; layer on the pickled jalapeños, tomatoes and cilantro. Spread mayonnaise on the top half of the bread and place on top to make a sandwich. Serve immediately. Optional: Add avocado slices for additional flavor.