Enjoy these cheesy flatbreads while watching the game, or whenever you′ve got a craving for flavor!
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 Tender Choice® boneless pork sirloin chops, 5-6 oz ea, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano leaves or Italian seasoning
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 12 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 6 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 6 pieces flatbread
- 6 oz arugula, baby spinach, or salad mix
Combine salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, red wine vinegar and olive oil to make marinade, measure out ¼ cup and reserve. Cut pork into 1 inch pieces and place in a re-sealable plastic bag; add marinade and toss until pork is completely coated. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Thread pork on skewers and grill over medium heat until pork has reached an internal temperature of 145° F on a meat thermometer. Place one slice of cheese on each flatbread and warm bread in a 350° F oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. To serve, divide the pork evenly between flatbreads and top with salad tossed with reserved marinade.