Sunday Roast (pork knuckle)
A classic taste of yesterday, this roast is made with all the traditional fixings.
Serves 4 to 6
- Tender Choice® pork Sunday roast
- Pinch each of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 can (2.25 oz) pitted black olives, cut in half, juice drained and reserved
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 6 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1 rib celery, washed and chopped fine
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 can (4 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pkg spaghetti noodles
Open the package and pat Sunday roast dry. Season evenly with salt and pepper. Combine all the ingredients except the noodles into a 3½ to 5½ quart slow cooker. Add the water last. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 160° F on a meat thermometer (the meat should be tender enough to pull apart with your fingers). When done, pull the entire roast out of the sauce to allow to cool (approximately 15 minutes). When roast is cool enough to touch, pull meat into strands and place them back into the homemade sauce in the slow cooker.
Thirty minutes before serving, cook spaghetti noodles and drain. Serve the homemade sauce and Sunday roast on top of the noodles. Garnish with cress micro-greens.