Using pork safely is easy! Just follow these tips and you can serve every Tender Choice® pork dish with confidence.
• Always use a meat thermometer to verify doneness, and remove from heat when it reaches a safe internal temperature. See the chart below to determine doneness for the cut you’re preparing. Let it rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.
• Avoid overcooking, as this can make pork dry, tough and flavorless.
• To avoid false readings in a bone-in cut, be careful to avoid touching the bone with your meat thermometer.
Storage & Handling
• When storing pork in the freezer, wrap meat tightly and remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn.
• Refrigerate or freeze fresh meat as soon as possible.
• When storing packages of pork, label each one with name, date, cut and weight. Use the “first in, first out” rule when you use the pork.
• Freeze pork in its original transparent wrap up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil or place in plastic freezer bags.
• Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours of serving.